Jerome A. Blaha
Certified Specialist, Family Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
Jerome Blaha, managing partner, founded what is now Blaha, Hartford, Perry, Anastopoulos & Libbe in 1973. He represents clients in all aspects of family law, estates and trusts. He is a California State Bar Certified Family Law Specialist and a section member (family law, tax, estates and trusts) in the American Bar Association and other bar associations. Mr. Blaha has extensive experience in family law, including Child Custody, Business Valuation, Securities, Characterization and Tracing of Assets and Income Tax issues, Mediation, and effecting emotional Pre- and Post-Marital Agreements, and in estate law, including analysis of estates, preparation of Trusts, Wills and other documents to effect clients' desired Estate Plans, Probate of Estates, Administration of Trusts, and Contests of Wills and Trusts.
Having handled over 5,000 divorce or family law-related cases and over 2,000 wills and trusts cases, Mr. Blaha has perfected a unique and highly effective approach that results in a win-win solution. He thoroughly prepares his clients to settle their cases before litigation or, if necessary, meticulously prepares clients and witnesses for trial. His goal is to efficiently facilitate the best win-win settlement, at every stage, for each case.
Mr. Blaha maintains a thriving practice, and often serves as a family law expert in the community. He has presented and published materials for many organizations, including California Continuing Education of the Bar and KCBS Radio's Legal Magazine. Mr. Blaha has also served as Judge Pro Tem in the Family Law and Probate Departments of the California Superior Court, Alameda County.
Mr. Blaha is involved in community services as member and past President of the Board of Directors of Castro Valley Chamber of Commerce, past President on many committees, including Rotary International; past President and member of the Board of Trustees of Bentley School; life member of the University of California at Berkeley Alumni Association and U.C. Berkeley Alumni Club of Castro Valley; and former member of Alameda County Task Study for General Plan.
Family Law; Property Law; Child Custody; Divorce; Premarital Agreements; Family Mediation; Collaborative Law; Wills; Trusts and Estates; Estate Planning; Trust Administration; Probate.
Juris Doctor, Hastings College of the Law
Bachelor of Arts, University of California, Berkeley
Professional Organizations, Memberships, and Service
- The State Bar of California (Admitted 1973)
- American Bar Association (Sections: Taxation; Real Property, Trust and Estate Law; Family Law)
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Tri-Valley Estate Planning Council
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Collaborative Professionals of East Bay
- Judge Pro Tem, Family Law Departments, Alameda County Superior Court
- "Tax Consequences in Family Law and Retirement Equity Act"
- "Family Law for Legal Secretaries"
- "Prenuptial Expectation Agreements"
- "Wills, Trusts, Taxes for Estate Planning"
- "Real Property Tax Consequences and Alternatives for Income, Gift, Estate and Property Taxes"
- "Legal Magazine," KCBS Radio